Everything you need to hold a Barnabus Big Brew at Work
We’re so happy you want to hold a Barnabus Big Brew. The money you raise will provide a lifeline to people caught in the devastating trap of poverty and homelessness. We are thankful that our Beacon drop-in provides a warm safe environment, hot food, drinks and showers. We offer classes to build confidence, self esteem, friendships, skills and wellbeing. Our volunteer NHS nurses offer basic first aid and our Support Workers are available to help secure ID, shelter, housing, benefits, training, jobs.
Putting on the kettle and holding a Big Brew is a big way to raise awareness and vital donations for our ever increasing work. We couldn’t carry on our work without your support.
Here are a few extra ideas which we think could work at work!
- Charge for colleagues to come in fancy dress and perhaps impose a “get out” option charge for those that don’t want to join in.
- Turn your Barnabus Big brew into a networking day or function, cause for celebration or just encouragement.
- Have a competition to see which team or floor can have the most fun and raise the most money.
- Encourage colleagues to take part in a sponsored event, challenge or bake off
- Hold a raffle, tombola, secret auction or skills auction
- Some employees offer matched funding - a great way to increase funds
- Increase your donations by asking people to sign up for gift aid on our Gift Aid Form
Barnabus Big Brew Pack
The above files use Acrobat Reader you should have this application already installed but you can download it free from here
If you encounter any problems printing, save the items in the pack to your computer and print your downloaded file.
Before your BIG Brew
Register your event with us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 0161 237 3223
- Decide when and where your Big Brew is going to be
- Decide on a theme if you want one and fund raisers
- Invite colleagues, suppliers and clients to take part
- Beg, borrow, bake or buy what you need; ask local shops, supermarkets to donate prizes or gift vouchers for a raffle, tombola, donate cakes, biscuits and even some cake boxes so that you can take cakes home.
- Invite the local press to take an interest in your big brew so that you can highlight your company and colleagues support.
- Don’t forget to ask colleagues to sign up for gift aid on our gift aid form
- After your Barnabus Big Brew visit our face book page and load up a photo, video link and a short story about your day.
- Count up all your donations and thank everyone for making the event so successful.
- Pay the money into us and receive a certificate of thanks totalling the money raised
- Let others know what you’ve done and encourage them to hold their own Barnabus BIG Brew
How to pay
By Credit Card – pay securely online via our website. Click donate now.
By Cheque – make cheques payable to Barnabus and post to 45 Bloom St, Manchester M1 3LY (please include that the donation you’re making is from your Barnabus Big Brew
Published on Friday 14th September 2012
Tea Party, Big Brew, Fundraiser, cakes, picnic