A huge thank you to all who made our Barnabus 10K Sponsored Fun Run at Heaton Park so much fun!
Congratulations and heartfelt thanks to all our Runners, Corporate Supporters, Volunteers and Sponsors, you all helped to make our first ever 10K Sponsored Run on the 21st August, 2010 such a memorable and successful event. We've had fantastic feedback and are now planning to hold this annually at Heaton Park. Special thanks go to Manchester Central Fire Station's Blue Watch who amazed us all by running in full fire-fighting kit on such a hot day and congratulations to Gary Mallinson ( No 23 pictured below centre) who took first place with an impressive time of 44 minutes, 4.11 seconds.
Please continue to support us online www.justgiving.com/Team-Barnabus money is still being pledged and we're up to around £4,200 - could you help us make it £5,000.
If you would like to take part in our next event or hold a fundraiser/sponsored event of your own, see our HOW YOU CAN HELP section for some exciting ideas, you could do something on your own or with a group but whatever you decide we will support you in every way we can.
We are so thankful to the following companies for generously gifting and supporting us with their time, services and goods we couldn't have done this without you.
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service - running in full fire-fighting kit raising funds and awareness
- Parkrun - timing of the event
- Teese.com - t-shirt printing
- Printserve Direct - Banners
- Virgin Active - pre-run warm up and massage
- The king's arms - logo design and support material
- GBM - directional signage
- Primark - T shirts
- The Sweatshop - promoting the event in-store
- Ready Steady Store - supplying and manning the water stations
- Clinton Cards - balloon banner
- Lucozade - energy drinks
Published on Tuesday 1st June 2010
heaton park, 10k, fundraising, manchester